1. Had a quiet birthday dinner at Rendes-vouz with K
2. HY’s dad passed away a day after my birthday
3. Managed to skip no-gi for an entire month 😦
4. Tried a sound healing session at Be Urban Wellness
5. Started to run on the treadmills again. 3km in 26 minutes for the first run, not bad?
6. Brought my grandmother to dim sum and CNY shopping
7. Made pork burgers with cheddar and sour cream mustard sauce
So January was pretty much a very quiet start to the year… and towards the end of the month I was crap stressed with work. Need to work harder next month: Strength and conditioning, cardio, and please go back to no-gi training.
1. Attended the opening of Epsom College with snooty staff and parents
2. Attended the Grading Ceremony at Leverage. I am a BJJ one stripe white belt!
3. Had my first sales pitch meeting. Still awaiting results
4. Went to Langkawi with K and his family
5. Attended Mongoose annual Christmas party at Traders
6. Spent Christmas Eve at Lanson Place with foccacia and flat bread with hummus, lamb cutlets and garlic mash, limoncello tiramisu and a cheese platter on the menu
7. Held a joint BBQ Party with K. We made caprese pasta, vege skewers, chicken wings and an amazing BBQ sauce
8. It was K’s birthday, and he drew a new gi for his birthday lucky draw (mine was a rash guard)
9. Spent New Year’s Eve at K’s family’s
10. Ah Ma passed away at 11.45am, 31 December
11. Made apple cinnamon vodka infusion, lemon vodka infusion (limoncello) and chocolate peanut butter cake for K’s birthday
1. JY’s birthday KTV session and “villa” stay
2. Finally bought a stand fan for my room, and it’s not ugly
3. Attended the MPA awards where our magazine won some editorial awards
4. Did 500 ab workouts and 100 push ups at our last session with Prof Marco
5. Met BBC TV personality Rachel Khoo at a media event. She’s feisty
6. Wilson’s 21st birthday party at Chi Mac
7. The Christmas tree is up!
8. Visited the Monash Grappling Club to train with more girls
9. Attended the 2nd KL Jiujitsu Girls Open Mats
10. Made Tres Leche Cake, bread pudding with kahlua sauce, Chilli and Cheddar Rice